Pet Insurance made easy
Great reasons to choose Geoffrey Pet Insurance
At Geoffrey Pet we know that if your pet is poorly, you want nothing more than to have them home for a big cuddle. We provide comprehensive pet health insurance policies to ensure that you can get them the care and attention they need.
When insuring with Geoffrey Pet you can expect a range of plans for dogs and cats, to suit your individual needs and budget, complemented by:
- FREE PETKIT Activity Monitor with every pet policy purchased
- 5% discount for insuring more than one pet
- Fixed Price Guarantee - no price increase for TWO years on your policy **
- A UK contact centre
- All claims assessed by a team of vet nurses who understand your pet’s illness or accident
- Essential vets fees cover up to £6,000
- A minimum of £1m public liability cover included with all policies
- Monthly payment option with no extra charges (subject to status)
- Insurance for pedigree pets, cross breeds, mongrels and moggies
- Cover available for kittens and puppies from as young as 8 weeks old
- Submit and track your claims online
Offering a range of pet cover
At Geoffrey Pet Insurance there are offer four levels of pet insurance cover for cats and dogs to suit all your and your pet’s needs:
- Accident Only
- 12 Month Cover
- Standard Lifetime Cover
- Enhanced Lifetime Cover
|Accident Only||12 Month Cover||Standard
|Product type||Accident Only||12 Months||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Inner Limit MRI||£1,000||£1,500||£2,000||£2,000|
|Including a limit
for CT scan of
|Including a limit for
Cruciate surgery of
|Fixed excess (per
incident, per year)
(per incident, per year)
|Death from illness
under 8 years for Dogs
under 10 years for Cats
|Death from injury||£500||£750||£1,000||£1,500|
|Advertising & reward costs||£300||£500||£750||£1,000|
|Theft & straying||£500||£750||£1,000||£1,500|
|Third party liability
|Loss of PETS passport||£250||£250||£250||£250|
|Overseas travel||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days||180 Days|
Cover levels explained
Our Accident Only cover level DOES NOT COVER ANY ILLNESS. It is a ‘Maximum Benefit’ policy which enables you to claim up to the specified limit of £1,500 for vet fees for treatments arising from an accident, from when it is first noted by you or your vet. The cover level decreases with each claim you make. When you renew your policy the cover level will be set at the sum available as at the last day of cover prior to the renewal date. The £1,500 of cover for the condition does not reset when you renew the policy. For example, if your pet suffers an accident, you can claim for several treatments related to that incident – but to a maximum of £1,500. When the specified £1,500 limit is reached you will no longer be able to claim for treatment arising from that particular accident, but you could claim for further separate incidents – again, the specified limit would be £1,500.
12 Month cover:
Our 12 month cover level is a ‘time-limited’ policy which enables you to claim up to the specified limit of £1,500 for vet fees for treatments arising from the same incident (whether that is illness or accident, or death by either) for up to 12 months from when it is first noted by you or your vet. The cover levels decrease with each claim you make. When you renew your policy the cover levels will be set at the sum available as at the last day of cover prior to the renewal date and for only the balance of any 12 month period left since the date that the condition was first noted, the 12 month period of cover for the condition does not reset when you renew the policy. For example, if your pet suffers an illness or accident, you can claim for several treatments related to that incident for up to 12 months from when it originally occurred – but to a maximum of £1,500. After 12 months from the initial illness/accident OR when the specified £1,500 limit is reached (whichever is sooner) you will no longer be able to claim for treatment arising from that particular illness/accident, but you could claim for further separate incidents – again, the specified limits of £1,500 and 12 months would apply.
Cover levels Standard and Enhanced are all lifetime contracts, which provide a fixed amount of money each year to cover all veterinary treatment. ‘Lifetime’ refers to the ability to renew the contract each year, and the level of cover does reset when you renew the policy each year. Should your pet’s total veterinary treatment in the policy year exceed the limit applicable for your chosen level of cover there will be no further cover until the renewal of the policy when the cover does reset at renewal.
So long as you keep your policy renewed, the premiums paid up to date and the insurer invites renewal, there is no limit on how long you can claim for each illness or injury.
Free PetKit Activity Monitor
Geoffrey Pet care about pets’ health, so for every new Geoffrey pet insurance policy taken out you will receive a FREE PETKIT P2 Activity Monitor which normally retails at £55.99
The PETKIT P2 Activity Monitor records pet activity and sleep 24/7, which you can view anytime on the PETKIT app.
Click HERE to read more about the FREE PETKIT Activity Monitor.
Receive 5% discount off your policy premium for every additional cat or dog you insure with Geoffrey Pet Insurance.
** Fixed Price Guarantee
For new pet insurance policies taken out for cats & dogs aged up to 1 year 11 months, Geoffrey Pet will guarantee your premium when you renew for a second year with Geoffrey Pet Insurance.
Fixed Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions:
- The Fixed Price Guarantee is for 2 years only, i.e. The premium price you pay in the first year will be fixed for your first renewal 12 months later
- The Fixed premium will exclude IPT (Insurance Premium Tax)
- The Fixed Price Guarantee applies to all pet policy cover levels
- This offer applies to cats and dogs
An understanding, confidential and professional service enabling you to talk for as long as you need about the death or illness of your pet. Help and advice to address the symptoms brought about by bereavement is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Call: 0333 003 2258
Pet Legal Helpline
Lawyers are available to provide advice and explain legal issues in plain English and in a friendly and helpful way - available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Call: 0333 003 2258
This enables you to locate a registered pet minder (on a national basis) for either a few minutes or indeed weeks, in order to look after your pet while you are away.
Call: 0330 102 5743
Top Tips - Make the most of your Pet Policy
At Geoffrey Pet we are unable to provide advice, however below are 10 important points on how to make the most of your pet insurance policy.
- Ask your veterinary surgeon for an estimate before treatment and shop around as all vets charge different prices even in local areas. Please do your research before accepting the first quote you receive.
- To find out veterinary prices, shop around as all policies either have a maximum limit per condition, or a pot of money for the year for all conditions, so this will make your money go further, meaning you can treat your pet for longer.
- To obtain the best value for money ensure you check medication prices, ask your vet for a prescription (there will be a charge for this) and you can search the internet for a UK online pharmacy.
- When buying your pet make sure you obtain a signed and dated receipt from the seller, with their name and address included. Keep this in a safe place.
- Make sure your pet has regular routine health checks. Often a routine check will pick up any early signs of illness, which may require treatment, and in some cases can help prevent an illness occurring. Both of which will help your pet and the amount of treatment needed. Also, maintaining your pets’ correct weight is important as being under or overweight can lead to other illnesses.
- If you need to make a claim please click here for further instructions.
- You must make sure your veterinary surgeon fills in and signs the claim form before you fill in your part so you can understand what your vet is claiming for.
- For any treatment costs over £1,000 contact email@example.com or telephone 01227 284 955 for a pre-authorisation. Different referral practices have different prices so talk to your veterinary surgeon for the different choices you have.
- On some policies there are inner limits for veterinary fees these are for Cruciate Ligament, MRI/CT Scans and Complementary Medicine. The reason Geoffrey Pet have these in place is that the conditions that MRI/CT Scans diagnose tend to be complicated and this enables you to have cover at diagnostic stage and treatment for the condition instead of using all your cover for diagnosing the condition. Cruciate Ligament cover is restricted to keep your premiums lower.
- Make a claim and track a claim – you can make or track your claim online to see where your claim is. The main headings are:
- New claim from customer – online claim notification received waiting for claim documents
- Awaiting documentation – awaiting claim form and/or supporting documents
- Ready to process – your claim is ready to be assessed
- Ready to pay – your claim has been assessed and is ready to pay
- Awaiting payment – your claim payment is being processed
- Complete settled – Your claim has been settled
- Complete declined – claim declined email/letter will be sent detailing our reasons, please wait for this before contacting Geoffrey Pet
- Payable - under excess (complete) – claim not payable as amount under excess
- Returned – claim incomplete, returned to policyholder
- Referral – awaiting any further information or clinical history
What happens when my policy is due to renew?
All Geoffrey Pet policies are annual policies effective from the commencement date. At renewal you will be contacted by email or by post where no valid email address is provided, to inform you about any changes to the premium and/or policy terms and conditions for the next 12 months.
If you pay your premium by Direct Debit there is no need for you to take further action, your policy will automatically renew, subject to policy terms and conditions. If you pay by debit or credit card you need to make contact to make payment before the renewal date.
If you do not wish to renew your policy, you should cancel your Direct Debit.
Ultimate Insurance Solutions Limited may change the underwriter or administrator of your policy at renewal. If this happens you will be notified of any changes when your renewal documents are sent to you. If you do not want Geoffrey Pet to change the underwriter you must notify them and they will not be able to renew your policy.
Your renewal documents will be sent to you by email at least 21 days before the renewal date of your policy. Geoffrey Pet will email the last email address given to us by you. Geoffrey Pet are unable to prevent these from going into your spam or junk folders so please check these folders as well as your current inbox. If your email address changes between the policy start date and renewal date please inform geoffrey Pet so that we can keep your records up to date.
If you have not provided us with an email address, we will post renewal documents to your last known address.
What is a claim excess and how much will this be?
The claim excess is your contribution to the costs of treating your pet. The fixed excess will be £85 per condition, per policy year. For pets aged 7 years and over, a 10% co-payment, also known as 'variable excess', will apply to the remaining claim for veterinary fees, special diet and complementary medicine after the excess has been deducted, and for any claims for that condition thereafter.
What is a co-payment?
This is the amount you pay towards the vet fee claim for each condition. For all pets aged 7 years and older the mandatory co-payment amount is 10%. This is in addition to the standard £85 excess. For example if you made a claim of £300 the initial excess of £85 would be deducted and you would then be required to pay 10% of the remaining £215 balance, which is £21.50. Therefore the total you would be required to pay towards the claim is £106.50.
Geoffrey Pet are here to help in any way we can, but we are unable to give you advice or recommendations regarding your pet insurance policy. Geoffrey Pet will give you information about a product but cannot make a decision for you.
What to do if you need to complain?
Please email the Complaints Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01227 284 955 or, write to Geoffrey Pet Insurance, The Complaints Manager, The Connect Centre, Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth, PO2 8QL.
If you are not satisfied with the final decision, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR, telephone 0800 023 4567 from a landline or 0300 123 9123 from a mobile phone. Details on how to progress your complaint with the FOS can be found at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or alternatively you can use the Online Dispute Resolution Platform (ODR).
Full details of the complaints procedure can be found in our Policy Wording, a copy of which is available on request.