No Claims Discount (NCD)
No Claims Discount (NCD) is a way that we insurers reward safe drivers. Discounts for customers with NCD can be very rewarding and you can earn over 40% off your insurance premium.
Protected No Claims Discount
No claims discount protection does not protect the overall price of your insurance policy. The price of your insurance policy may increase following an accident even if you were not at fault.
No claims discount protection allows you to make one or more claims before your number of no claims bonus years falls.
Average discount – Car Insurance
|Number of years NCD||Typical NCD in 2022|
Without No Claims Discount Protection:
|Number of years NCD
||1 claim in next 12 months||2 claims in next 12 months||3 claims in next 12 months||4 claims in next 12 months|
With No Claims Discount Protection:
|Number of years NCD||1 claim in any 3 year period||2 claims in any 3 year period||3 claims in any 3 year period||4 claims in any 3 year period|
How do I earn NCD?
Each year you complete a motor insurance policy without making a claim, you will earn another year's NCD. Glass claims and non-fault claims do not affect your NCD. A non-fault claim is one where the full cost of the claim is paid by the insurer of the driver at fault. Your NCD needs to have been earned on a private UK car or van insurance policy.
Providing Proof of NCD
You may need to provide your proof of no claims discount within 14 days of your policy start date. If we need it, you'll be asked to send it to us after you've purchased your policy.
What is acceptable proof of no claims discount?
Your renewal notice from your last UK insurer will show your proof of No Claims Discount. This may also be shown as No Claims Bonus (NCB). The NCD must not be in use on another vehicle. Unfortunately, we can't accept proof from a foreign insurer.
If it's from this vehicle or a previous vehicle
Your renewal notice or a letter from your last insurer. If the renewal notice is for a different vehicle than the one you're insuring with us, we'll also need documents to confirm that policy has ended.
The proof needs to be from the last two years, and it needs to show your last policy's expiry date
- The name of the driver who earned the no claims discount
- Number of years' no claims discount
- Registration number of the vehicle
- Any claims or losses in the last 5 years
If the proof is from a company vehicle
A letter on company headed paper, showing:
- The type of vehicle (we can't accept no claims earned on a van)
- The dates the driver started and stopped using the vehicle (the driver must no longer have use of the company car)
- Details of any claims or losses in the last 5 years
- Whether the driver had sole use of the company vehicle.
If the proof is for mirrored NCD
Sending your proof of NCD is easy, simply log in to your online account and upload it here or you can forward by:
Post: Fusion House, Katherine Way, Peterborough, PE3 8BG. Please call us on 0808 196 1548 if you would like us to send you a pre-paid envelope.
If you have another vehicle insured, we can give you a discount on the vehicle you insure with us. We may ask for proof of this which typically is a Statement or Schedule of Insurance of the vehicle and this is required on letter headed paper or in a non-editable format (such as PDF) which includes:
- The name of our regular driver as the Policyholder, main driver or named driver on a Spouse or Civil Partners policy.
- Must show it is an active policy and contain the date of expiry
- Must be for another vehicle to the one you are insuring with us
- Show the amount of NCD in years
- Any information of your claim’s history